Water Department

Water 504

The Water Billing and Collections Division is responsible for the billing and collection of fees for water, solid waste, and sewer services. Department staff also reads and maintains all water meters and assists residents in locating water leaks in their homes.

We are located in the City Hall building at 14000 Oak Park Blvd, Oak Park, MI. The Water Department is open from Monday to Thursday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Residents can contact the Water Billing and Collections Division at (248) 691-7470 for further information. If you have a water related emergency after regularly scheduled City business hours, please contact the Department of Public Safety at (248) 691-7520.

How do you calculate my water bill?
Water bills are determined by the amount of water that passes through your water meter multiplied by the current water and sewer rates. For example, if you receive a bill and in the “used” column you were billed for 25 units of water, we would calculate your bill as follows:

$106.25  - Water Rate 25 x 4.25 (water rate, WT on your bill)  
$263.25  - Sewer Rate 25 x 10.53 (sewer rate, SW on your bill) 
$    4.75  - Typical Meter Charge (MT, on your bill) 
$  38.72 - Garbage/ Rubbish Charge (GR, on your bill) 
$412.97  - TOTAL

For more information on Water Services, visit:
2019 Water Department Brochure
Pay Water Bills Online
Water Billing and Collections
Frequently Asked Water Questions
Residential Water Concerns
Easy Ways to Reduce Water Consumption
Water Residential Assistance Program Through Community Action Alliance

Changes to Water and Sewer Rates

Effective July 1, 2018. Water and Sewer rates were approved by City Council on June 18, 2018 after a presentation made to Council by Water Supervisor Kevin VanDeWalle. For more information on the presentation, visit Water and Sewer Presentation, or you can watch the City Council Meeting on the City's YouTube at Water and Sewer Presentation

To learn more about the City's water bills feel free to call the Water Billing and Collection Division at (248) 691-7470.