Water Residential Assistance Program
WRAP Funds are Now Available to Qualified Oak Park Residents
Residents of the City of Oak Park are now able to apply for Community Action Alliance Water Residential Assistance Program, or WRAP, assistance. Although the City does not administer this program, once a resident is awarded program assistance, WRAP will contact the Oak Park Water Division with any pertinent information.
What is WRAP?
WRAP's mission is to administer the distribution of WRAP funding to the eligible, low-income customers of the Great Lakes Water Authority, or GLWA, with a vision to create a transformative water utility assistance program focusing on bill assistance, conservation and self-sufficiency initiatives. WRAP funding is made possible by the Great Lakes Water Authority. Please note, income restrictions and eligibility requirements apply.
Quick Snapshot of WRAP:
- Bill Credits - The recently launched WRAP Income Based Plan (IBP) provides bill credits that are unique to each household and are based on annual household income and annual water and sewer bill amount. Households are expected to pay the remaining portion of their bill.
- Arrearage Assistance - Eligible households that have a past due balance are eligible to receive up to $1,200 in arrearage assistance upon enrollment. Additionally, households may be eligible to receive an additional amount up to $1,200 in year two of WRAP.
- Conservation Measures - Enrolled households are eligible to receive up to $2,000 in conservations measures, such as a home water audit, minor plumbing repairs, and educational information regarding water usage. With an emphasis on creating a healthy home, households can receive repairs on leaking or nonfunctioning plumbing and other water fixtures to create a safe and livable home.
- Other Benefits - Case management empowers WRAP service delivery partners (United Way) to work directly with households in reviewing their progress in making payments. Service delivery partners can also provide the household with access to additional wraparound services.
United Way for Southeastern Michigan – WRAP Services in Oakland County:
Online Application: https://uwsem.smapply.org/prog/utilities/
Phone: 248-983-5656WRAP Program Flyer
To qualify for WRAP assistance, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have an income at, or below 200% of the poverty threshold.
- Provide proof of residency and income
- Provide renter's proof of responsibility for water on lease.
- Rent or own your home.
Program benefits of WRAP are:
- Assistance up to $300 per household per year. $25 monthly bill credit.
- Home water audit for households above 120% of average usage.
- Home repairs up to $2,000 per household to fix minor plumbing issues leading to high usage.
- Supportive WRAP-Around Services.
To apply for this program, Oak Park residents are urged to contact the United Way for Southeastern Michigan – WRAP Services in Oakland County,
direct. Once a resident applies and is accepted into the program, the City of Oak Park will then be able to assist WRAP with any pertinent account information needed.
To learn more about this program, residents are urged to contact the United Way for Southeastern Michigan – WRAP Services in Oakland County at (248) 983-5656 or visit https://uwsem.smapply.org/prog/utilities/ to apply online.
To download a program flyer, visit WRAP Water Residential Assistance Program flyer.