WRAP Funds are Now Available to Qualified Oak Park Residents
Residents of the City of Oak Park are now able to apply for Community Action Alliance Water Residential Assistance Program, or WRAP, assistance. Although the City does not administer this program, once a resident is awarded program assistance, WRAP will contact the Oak Park Water Division with any pertinent information.
What is WRAP?
WRAP's mission is to administer the distribution of WRAP funding to the eligible, low-income customers of the Great Lakes Water Authority, or GLWA, with a vision to create a transformative water utility assistance program focusing on bill assistance, conservation and self-sufficiency initiatives. WRAP funding is made possible by the Great Lakes Water Authority. Please note, income restrictions and eligibility requirements apply.
To qualify for WRAP assistance, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have an income at, or below 150% of poverty threshold
- Provide proof of residency and income
- Provide renter's proof of responsibility for water on lease
- Stay current on monthly bill payment.
Program benefits of WRAP are:
- Assistance up to $300 per household per year. $25 monthly bill credit.
- Home water audit for households above 120% of average usage.
- Home repairs up to $1,000 per household to fix minor plumbing issues leading to high usage.
- Supportive WRAP-Around Services.
Community Action Alliance will deliver WRAP through their Empowerment Pathway Model - a custom designed service plan to help residential customers in the Great Lakes Water Authority regions to access bill assistance, water conservation measures, and navigate resources and WRAP-around supports on a pathway toward self-sufficiency.
To apply for this program, Oak Park residents are urged to contact the Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency, or WMCAA, direct. Once a resident applies and is accepted into the program, the City of Oak Park will then be able to assist WRAP with any pertinent account information needed.
To learn more about this program, residents are urged to contact the Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency at (313) 386-9727 or visit www.waynemetro.org/wrap.
To download a program flyer, visit WRAP Water Residential Assistance Program flyer.